Raw Point Cloud to Feature Classtool takes a raw point cloud file of x,y,z values and converts it to a shapefile.
The raw survey file to shapefile is located under the Data Preparation menu under the Survey Preparation menu:
When the Raw Point Cloud to Feature Class button is clicked the tool menu is shown:
- raw point cloud
- An ascii text file formatted into columns of x, y, z. Other columns can be present but will not be included in the output shapefile. (headers can be commented out with a
- spatial reference (optional)
- can be in the form of a .prj file or you can load an existing shapefile that contains a spatial reference and that spatial reference will be imported.
The outputs for the tool are:
- Shapefile or Feature Class
- contains x, y, z fields from the original surveyed points.